BSMI is the abbreviation of "Bureau of Standards, Metrology and Inspection" in English by the Bureau of Standards and Inspection of the Ministry of Economic Affairs of Taiwan.
1. Introduction of BSMI certification
BSMI is the abbreviation of "Bureau of Standards, Metrology and Inspection" in English by the Bureau of Standards and Inspection of the Ministry of Economic Affairs of Taiwan. The Bureau of Standards and Inspection (BSMI), under the leadership of the government's economic department, formulates product inspection specifications for electrical and electronic products entering the Taiwan market. From July 1, 2005, the products entering the Taiwan region of China shall be subject to the supervision of electromagnetic compatibility and safety regulations. BSMI certification is mandatory, and products must comply with safety, EMC testing and related testing before they can be authorized to use the BSMI logo.
2. BSMI certified product type
1. Compulsory commodity inspection mark (CI MARK): electrical products (such as home appliances), electronic products (such as information equipment and entertainment audio-visual equipment products), mechanical products (such as power tools and equipment), chemical products Products (such as tires and toys).
2. Voluntary orthographic marking (CNS MARK): Industrial products, building materials, wires, home appliances, automobile and motorcycle parts, industrial raw materials, or those with orthographic markings on competitors' products.
3. Voluntary Product Verification Mark (VPC MARK): Important safety components, digital set-top boxes, lamp sockets, battery chargers, restricted hazardous substances, lithium batteries, vehicle electromagnetic compatibility, sports and fitness equipment, etc.
3. BSMI certification standards:
Information products: CNS14336-1, CNS13438
Audio and video products: CNS14408, CNS13438
4. How to apply for BSMI certification
BSMI application methods: There are currently three application methods.
(1) Type approval includes two types:
1. Type approval (EMC+Safety), since January 1, 2004, 178 kinds of electrical and electronic products need to apply for this kind of approval. Applicable standards: EMC+Safety, the documents to be provided are (application for product type approval, company or factory license, test report, technical documents for electromagnetic compatibility: photos, labels, parts with electromagnetic interference, block diagrams and user manuals and technical documents of safety regulations).
Certificate validity: three years, can be extended once.
2. EMC type approval (replacing the original EMC application), enforced from November 1, 2002. Applicable products: 61 electrical and electronic products only have EMI requirements, and 124 electrical and electronic products only require EMI + safety report (if the product has safety requirements). Applicable standards: EMI only. The documents that need to be provided are (application for electromagnetic compatibility type approval, test report, technical documents: photos, labels, parts with electromagnetic compatibility, block diagram and user manual).
(2) Certification and registration
Enforcement date: not yet announced, applicable standards: EMI+ safety regulations. The documents to be provided are (application for product type approval, company or factory license, test report, technical documents for electromagnetic compatibility: photos, labels, parts with electromagnetic interference, block diagrams and manuals, and safety regulations documents, Declaration of Conformity).
Certificate validity: three years, can be extended once
(3) Declaration of Conformity
Enforcement date: January 18, 2002.
Applicable products: 19 components of information technology equipment.
Applicable standard: CNS13438 (ONLY EMC).
The documents to be provided are (Declaration of Conformity, Test Report, Technical Documents: Photos, Labels, Parts with Electromagnetic Interference, Block Diagram and User Manual).
For electrical and electronic products, the three application methods provided by the Bureau of Standards have the following characteristics:
1. The Declaration of Conformity applies only to parts of some information technology equipment (please refer to the product description on the website of the Bureau of Standards and Inspection).
2. It is up to the product cost manufacturer to apply for certification registration or type approval at its own discretion.
3. The difference between certification registration and type approval is:
(1) Inspection method:
If the product has already obtained type approval, the inspection of the customer will be simplified.
For products applying for certification and registration, customers are not inspected, and random market tests are adopted.
(2) Cost difference:
The application fee for certification and registration is higher than that for formal approval, and an annual fee is charged. Type approval does not charge an annual fee.
5. Preparation of BSMI certification materials
1. Application form
2. A copy of the applicant's certificate
3. Relevant technical documents (product circuit diagram, Layout, Label, Chinese manual, transformer specification, inductance specification, product appearance dimension drawing, parts list)
6. BSMI certification process
1. Fill out the application
2. Test samples
3. Issue a report
4. Report Evaluation
5. Issue a certificate
7. BSMI certification factory inspection requirements
No factory inspection required
8. BSMI certification body
ANCI is a well-known, impartial and independent third-party professional testing and certification organization in China. It complies with the accreditation of China National Accreditation Service for Conformity Assessment (CNAS L6214), the accreditation of inspection and testing institutions, and CMA (201819013768). Laboratory, sophisticated experimental equipment and senior certification engineers in the industry, have the strength to provide a full range of testing and certification services for our customers' products to obtain BSMI certification, and quickly help your products enter the Taiwan market.