1. Introduction to METI filing
METI filing is a regulation of the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry of Japan. It can be understood that products exported to Japan need a guarantee from a local Japanese trading company to record your product production information.
METI filing requires PSE certification. PSE is a mandatory safety certification for electrical equipment in Japan. It is divided into two types: round and diamond. At present, 498 kinds of products have been listed to enter the Japanese market and must pass the PSE safety certification. Among them, 165 kinds of A-type products should obtain the diamond-shaped PSE mark, and 333 kinds of B-type products should obtain the circular PSE mark.
2. The importance of METI filing
The regulations require that Japanese buyers must register and declare with Japan METI within one month after purchasing the goods, and must mark the buyer's name or ID on the product for supervision and management in the future product sales process.
At present, there is no mandatory METI requirement for customs clearance. Only Amazon Japan station requires merchants to provide METI filing and PSE certification, and all products in the PSE certification catalog need METI filing.
3. METI filing process
1. Notification of business, understood as a statement by the Japanese importer, including manufacturer information, product information and the date of signing;
2. The approval certificate issued by the Japanese Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry, the importer can issue the approval certificate with the PSE sub-certificate to METI for record;
3. Japanese buyers must register with the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI) within one month after purchasing the goods. Only Japanese trading companies registered in Japan can apply for registration with METI.
4. Information required for METI filing
1. PSE certificate and report
2. Instructions and specifications in English or Japanese
3. Warranty Statement
4. Application form
5. Product pictures
6. Japanese importer business license
5. METI certification body
ANCI has a large testing base and strictly implements quality control in accordance with the laboratory accreditation system specification ISO/IEC 17025. It has successively obtained China CNAS L6214, CMA (201819013768) accreditation, international IEC authorized CBTL testing laboratory, and American UL/A2LA. (4422.01), UK ITS, South Korea KTC, Germany TÜV, Belgium Eurofines and other major international certification agencies authorized and accredited, which can help your products enter the Japanese market as soon as possible.