GCC is the acronym for the Gulf Cooperation Council. The Gulf Cooperation Council was established on May 25, 1981 in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.
1. Introduction to GCC Certification
GCC is the acronym for the Gulf Cooperation Council. The Gulf Cooperation Council was established on May 25, 1981 in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. Its member countries are Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, the United Arab Emirates, Qatar, the Sultanate of Oman, the Kingdom of Bahrain, and Yemen. The General Secretariat is located in Riyadh, the capital of Saudi Arabia.
2. the importance of GCC certification
Since July 1, 2016, the technical regulations for low-voltage electrical equipment and supplies in the Gulf countries have come into effect and GCC certification requirements are enforced for some products. After the implementation of this regulation, low-voltage electrical equipment must meet the safety and electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) requirements of this technical regulation, and affix the GC mark before it can be sold in the member countries of the Gulf Standard Organization (GSO), and some regulated products must be authorized by GSO third parties The GC logo can only be affixed after the certification body is certified and registered with GSO. GC mark certification is a market access certificate for products to enter the GCC member countries.
3. GCC certification mark use and printing rules
The Gulf Arab Cooperation Council Organization for Standardization (GSO) officially launched the new version of the GSO conformity traceability mark registration system on April 25, 2019. The new version of the product is composed of GCTS as shown in the figure:
① Gulf conformity mark (G-mark logo)
② Trace QR code
4. common product standards
Adapters, power cords and extension cords, chargers, plugs, sockets
85 44 42 20
85 36 69 10
IEC60884-1, IEC60884-2-5, IEC 62368-1, CISPR 22
household electric fan
84 14 5100
IEC60335-1, IEC60335-2-80, IEC62233, IEC 61000-3-2, IEC 61000-3-3, CISPR 14-1, CISPR 14-2
5. Information required for GCC certification
1. Application form
2.CB certification+EMC report
3. Product customs code
4. Product pictures
5. Product Labels
6. Bilingual instruction manual (English and Arabic)
7. Other technical documents (circuit diagram, PCB layout, etc.)
6. GCC certification application process
1. The manufacturer submits an application for G-mark certification;
2. Submit application materials (document review (application form, technical documents, etc.) + EMC report issued by the institution + CB certificate);
3. The certification department reviews the certification materials such as G-mark application and test report;
4. The certification department conducts product registration in the GSO database; the certification system delegates the registration number of the product;
5. The certification department issues the G-mark form certificate; and authorizes the customer to use the G-mark on the product.
7. GCC certification matters needing attention
Do the EMC report first, and then apply for the CB certification, so as to avoid the inconsistency between the EMC rectification and the CB report picture after the CB certificate is obtained.
8. GCC certification and testing agency
ANCI is an impartial and independent third-party professional testing and certification organization in China, focusing on the global certification testing of electronic products such as IT, AV, power supply, wireless and communication, and has obtained China CNAS L6214, CMA (201819013768) accreditation, and international IEC authorized CBTL testing. Laboratory, American UL/A2LA (4422.01), British ITS, South Korea KTC, German TÜV, Belgian Eurofines and other major international certification agencies are authorized and accredited, and can provide GCC testing and certification for your products.