CSA is the abbreviation of Canadian Standards Association. It was established in 1919 and is the first non-profit organization in Canada to formulate industrial standards. Products such as electronics and electrical appliances sold in the North American market need to obtain safety certification.
1. Introduction to CSA certification in Canada
CSA is the abbreviation of Canadian Standards Association. It was established in 1919 and is the first non-profit organization in Canada to formulate industrial standards. Products such as electronics and electrical appliances sold in the North American market need to obtain safety certification. If a product wants to enter Canada for certification, it needs to apply for CSA certification. The purpose is to ensure that the product can meet the qualified standards of the Canadian market, and it is also to test and certify the safety and reliability of the product. CSA International's certification mark enhances product confidence for retailers, product designators, law enforcement agencies, and consumers.
2. CSA certified product type
Electrical and electronic: including regulations on the installation of electrical equipment for buildings, various industrial and commercial electrical and electronic products; communication and information: including residential processing systems, telecommunications and electromagnetic interference technology and equipment and other products
3. Common standards for CSA certification
IT/AV products: CSA-C22.2 No.62368-1
Home appliances: CSA-C22.2 No.60335-1
Medical products: CSA-C22.2 No.60601-1
4. Items to be tested for CSA certification
The items to be tested for CSA certification are tested by the laboratory according to the standards of each product.
5. CSA certification information provided
1. Copy of company information sheet and business license;
2. Product description (including but not limited to the following)
3. Product name, product model;
4. Product usage - please tell us how and where your product is used;
5. Parts List - Please provide the name and model of the product parts. Ratings. Manufacturer's information. If the part has been certified by CSA or UL, please indicate the file number of the part. If there are multiple suppliers of a part, they can be provided together;
6. Product performance and specifications, such as size, rated voltage, current, frequency and power, etc.;
7. Structural drawing or exploded drawing: For the structural drawing of the product, please indicate the name of each part in the drawing, so as to correspond to the parts list one by one;
8. Provide circuit schematic diagram: PCB schematic diagram. Product photos. Instructions for use. Safety matters or installation instructions, etc.
6. CSA certification process
1. Submit the preliminary application form, instructions and technical data about the product (including all electrical components and plastic materials) to CSA International.
2. CSA International will determine the certification fee according to the specific situation of the product, and then notify the applicant company by fax.
3. After being confirmed by the applicant company, the official application form and notification will be sent.
4. The designated laboratory will carry out the certification work on time.
5. After the certification test is completed, a preliminary report will be sent to the applicant company.
6. CSA International will evaluate the applicant company's response to item 5 above.
7. CSA International will prepare a certification report for product production reference and follow-up inspection.
8. At this stage, under certain circumstances, CSA International will go to the factory for an initial factory assessment.
9. Finally, CSA International will issue a certificate of conformity together with the certification record to authorize the applicant company to add the CSA certification mark on its products.
10. The applicant company should sign a service agreement with CSA International to indicate that both parties agree that CSA International will go to the factory for product follow-up inspection. The applicant company is required to pay an annual fee each year to maintain the agreement.
7. CSA certified factory inspection
Factory inspection is required, with annual inspection
8. CSA certification body
ANCI has a complete testing laboratory, sophisticated experimental equipment and senior CSA certified engineers in the industry, and has the strength to provide a full range of one-stop testing and certification services for our customers' products to obtain certification from various countries, helping your products to be sold with confidence worldwide.