RCM (Regulatory Compliance Mark) is a registered mark that indicates that the supplier declares that the product complies with the safety and other requirements stipulated in the electrical safety laws and regulations of the Australian states and New Zealand, and also complies with the Australian Radio Communication Act and the New Zealand Radio Communication Act specified electromagnetic compatibility requirements.
1. Introduction to RCM Certification
RCM (Regulatory Compliance Mark) is a registered mark that indicates that the supplier declares that the product complies with the safety and other requirements stipulated in the electrical safety laws and regulations of the Australian states and New Zealand, and also complies with the Australian Radio Communication Act and the New Zealand Radio Communication Act specified electromagnetic compatibility requirements. The RCM mark can only be used on products that comply with both electrical safety regulations and EMC regulations. As long as the supplier is approved to use the RCM logo in any state, the statutory management agencies of other states can accept it, thus realizing the approval of each state at one time.
2. Australia divides the risk level of electrical products into three levels
As long as it is an electrical product, the voltage range is between AC 50V ~ 1000V; DC 120V ~ 1500V, all must meet the requirements of the Australian Electrical Safety Law.
Level 1 low-risk category: Certification requirements generally refer to DC power supply products (provide EMC reports and apply for RCM certification directly) (ie C-TICK).
Level 2 medium risk category: certification requirements generally refer to AC power supply products (provide EMC report + safety report for RCM certification) (ie C-TICK).
Level 3 is high risk and has a list of 56 products. Certification requirements: refer to the list (provide EMC report + safety report + SAA certificate) to apply for RCM certification + EESS registration.
3. Information required for RCM certification
1. Product manuals and specifications
2. Circuit schematic
3. Product shutdown components list
4. List of product model differences
5. Photos of additional models
6. 3 samples of the main test model
7. Product Application Form
4. RCM certification application process
1. The third-party laboratory evaluates the product and determines the test standards to be implemented;
2. If there are any non-conformities in the test, the laboratory will rectify the product to meet and meet the requirements of Australian standards;
3. Pass the test and issue a test report;
4. Submit the test report to the Australian issuing agency for document review;
5. Australia passed the audit and issued the RCM certificate;
6. Customers can complete the registration of the Australian website by themselves or by the laboratory.
5. RCM certification matters needing attention
1. The RCM logo needs to be added uniformly when the product is launched. Note that this requirement was announced in Australia on April 19, 2013;
2. When the in-line adapter is certified by RCM, the random test of the plug must be done;
3. Lamp products: such as T8 LED lamps and fluorescent lamps, because users can directly replace them, the safety risk is high, and samples need to be sent to Australia for evaluation;
4. The time of different issuing agencies will be different.
6. RCM certification related application matters
1. If the product has CB and country differences, you can go directly to the Safety Certificate. Coupled with the EMC part, the agent can help with the announcement. The product can then be sold to Australia and marked with the RCM Mark.
2.Safety Certificate: When applying for the safety part, if the product is a direct plug in, you need to do the AU Plug Test (Test Standard: AS/NZS 3112: 2004) for the product. If the product is a Desktop, you do not need to do this test.
3. EMCReport --- either C-Tick Report (TestStandard: AS/NZS CISPR 22: 2002) or CEEMC Report.
4. No factory inspection requirements.
7. RCM certification body
ANCI, focusing on the global certification testing of electronic products such as IT, AV, power supply, wireless and communication, has successively obtained China CNAS L6214, CMA (201819013768) accreditation, international IEC authorized CBTL testing laboratory, American UL/A2LA (4422.01), It is accredited by major international certification agencies such as ITS in the UK, KTC in South Korea, TÜV in Germany, Eurofines in Belgium, etc. We have a complete testing laboratory, sophisticated laboratory equipment and senior certification engineers in the industry, and can provide you with RCM certification testing services.